Student Energy Survey
May 17, 2011 in News
159 students from across Coventry University’s different accommodations completed an online survey on accommodation, energy and the environment.
Key findings include:
- 65% of the respondents already try to save energy and improve their environmental behaviour
- approx 65% of respondents wanted to know how much gas, electricity and water they used in their student accommodation
- 58% of the respondents said they were only slightly interested in environmental issues, with only 26% stating they were very interested
- Two third of respondents wanted to know how their room occupany affected energy usage and 58% were happy to have sensors in their rooms in accommodation to facilitate improved energy management
- A substantial majority of respondents stated they would be strongly motivated to change their behaviour if there were financial incentives, either through cost savings, receiving vouchers or discounts, or to avoid fines.